Santa Monica, California, January 17, 2017 – Apogee Electronics is pleased to announce Symphony Control software for Mac, designed specifically for Symphony I/O Mk II audio interfaces. Symphony Control has been built from the ground up and replaces Apogee’s Maestro software for Symphony I/O Mk II users. Symphony Control delivers all the functionality of Maestro in a new, highly customizable user interface along with innovative new features like Talkback functionality, the simplified “Essentials” control window and an FX Send mixer feature, recently introduced as part of the Element Control software.
Multi-unit support for up to 64 channels of I/O
With the introduction of Symphony Control, customers can now use 2 Symphony I/O Mk IIs simultaneously for up to 64 channels of I/O over a Thunderbolt connection to their Mac. Symphony I/O Mk II combined with Logic Pro X on a Mac delivers the most advanced native workstation available with superior quality high-channel count recording at incredibly low latency.
Apogee Control Hardware Support
Symphony Control also provides compatibility between Symphony I/O Mk II audio interfaces and the Apogee Control hardware remote accessory. Apogee Control gives you instant access to input and output levels using the large Symphony-inspired Control knob and 3 control knob focus buttons, plus direct access to a wide range of software functions using the 8 user-configurable hardware buttons. Apogee Control hardware remote connects directly to your Mac using the included USB cable. Apogee Control is sold as a separate accessory and is now available from authorized Apogee dealers worldwide for $195 USD.
About Symphony I/O Mk II
Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs per unit), intuitive touchscreen display and optional world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering, Symphony I/O Mk II is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio.
Symphony I/O Mk II is nominated for a TEC Award in the Computer Audio Hardware category. Apogee has received 19 TEC awards.
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II Highlights:
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Original Symphony I/O modules are compatible with new Mk II chassis
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Choice of Thunderbolt or Pro Tools® HD (Mac/PC) connectivity
- Waves SoundGrid® and Dante connectivity coming soon
- Ultra-low latency performance – 1.35 ms with Thunderbolt and Logic Pro X
- All new, highly customizable Symphony Control software provides easy access to all I/O parameters
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.
Symphony Control software will be available in March 2017 to all Symphony I/O Mk II users as a free download from Apogee’s website.
Experience Symphony Control at Apogee’s NAMM Booth – Hall A #6500.
Winter NAMM runs from January 19th thru the 22nd