Santa Monica, California, January 10th, 2017 – Apogee is pleased to announce the availability of a new software update for their Element Control App for Mac and iOS, designed specifically for their Element Thunderbolt audio interfaces. The software update offers Element users a new Talkback feature that lets you use your Mac’s Built-in microphone, or any Core Audio input device such as Apogee MiC, to communicate with your artist through their headphones.
The new software update also provides compatibility between all Element audio interfaces and the Apogee Control hardware remote accessory. With Apogee Control, you gain lightning access to input and output levels using the large Symphony-inspired Control knob and 3 control knob focus buttons, plus immediate access to a wide range of functions using the 8 user-configurable buttons. Apogee Control Hardware Remote connects directly to your Mac using a simple USB cable. Apogee Control is sold as a separate accessory and is now available from authorized Apogee dealers worldwide for $195 USD.
The Element software update is now available via Apogee’s website to all Apogee Element users.
About Element Series
Apogee’s Element 24, 46 and 88 are Thunderbolt audio I/O boxes for Mac. The Element Series takes the best of cutting-edge Apogee gear like Symphony I/O Mk II, Ensemble Thunderbolt and Groove and puts it into simple form factors. With streamlined hardware features and advanced software control, the Element series delivers ultimate recording quality and performance at unprecedented prices.
Apogee Element Highlights
- New family of Thunderbolt audio interfaces for Mac
- Element 24: 10 IN x 12 OUT
- Element 46: 12 IN x 14 OUT
- Element 88: 16 IN x 16 OUT
- Sound quality equal to Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- World-class mic preamps built-in, with selectable 48v phantom power
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance
- 1.41ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
- New software update provides Talkback microphone functionality and compatibility with Apogee Control– Desktop hardware remote control accessory (Sold separately)