Apogee Electronics is pleased to announce MiC 96k for Windows and Mac. MiC 96k is a professional 96kHz, 24-bit USB microphone that makes it easy to capture vocals, voice overs, podcasts and acoustic musical instruments on your Windows or Mac computer.
Apogee Electronics is pleased to announce the availability of the Symphony I/O Mk II HD audio interface, designed for Pro Tools HD systems.
Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce a new member of the ONE audio interface family, ONE for Mac.
Apogee is pleased to introduce MetaRecorder, a two-channel audio recording App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that will revolutionize mobile audio production for video. MetaRecorder is the first audio recording app for iPhone to offer intuitive multi-take recording, tagging and file organization for any field recording scenario. The perfect companion to Sennheiser’s digital clip-on microphones powered by Apogee, MetaRecorder features 24 bit/96kHz recording quality plus software control of input level and recording presets.
The most trusted digital audio technology for music recording is now available for consumer hi-fi listening
Anaheim, California, January 22, 2015 – Apogee Electronics, industry leader in digital audio recording technology since 1985, is pleased to introduce Apogee Groove™ – a new portable USB DAC and headphone amp for listening to music on your Mac or PC. Built upon Apogee’s 30-year history of award-winning digital audio technology for music creation, Groove unlocks the highest possible quality of any headphones or powered speakers you have, allowing you to listen to the music you love with incredible lifelike clarity.
Apogee’s digital audio technology has been trusted by professional recording artists, producers and engineers from around the world to create countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings since 1985. For the first time, Groove puts this same technology into a compact, durable, easy to use interface for consumers, providing a music listening experience of unparalleled quality, as it was originally captured in the recording studio.
Groove’s unique circuit design
Constant Current Drive™
Groove’s Constant Current Drive output stage is a truly revolutionary approach to dealing with the wide impedance variations of headphones available on the market today. With Constant Current Drive topology, Groove’s output stage’s voltage is dynamically “molded” to the impedance variations of the connected headphones, thereby smoothing out frequency response non-linearity that occurs with traditional headphone outputs.
Quad Sum DAC™
Groove also features a Quad Sum DAC design which employs four digital-to-analog converters per channel to achieve the highest dynamic range and lowest distortion (THD+N) of any device in its class.
Groove 30th Anniversary Models
Apogee celebrates 30 years of digital audio excellence
To commemorate Apogee’s 30 years of digital audio excellence, a limited edition anniversary model of Groove will also be available. The Groove 30th Anniversary Edition will feature a custom machined aluminum body, upgraded audio performance and will be available in silver and gold.
Apogee Groove and Groove 30th Anniversary Edition will be available Spring 2015. Visit apogeedigital.com for more info and sign up for product updates.
Apogee Groove Highlights
- USB 2.0 connection to Mac and PC
- Up to 24 bit / 192kHz audio
- ESS Sabre DAC
- Constant Current Drive™, Ultra-smooth frequency response for any headphones
- Quad Sum DAC™, 4 DACs per channel for highest dynamic range and lowest distortion
- Asynchronous clocking
- Max output level: 225mW into 30 Ohm
- Multi-color LEDs for status and level indication
- Powered by USB
- Top panel buttons for adjusting output level and muting
- Compact and portable (95mm H x 30mm W x 16mm T)
- Premium aluminum build quality
- Built in the USA
Availability: Spring 2015
Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce the new Ensemble – a 30×34 Thunderbolt™ 2 audio interface for the next generation of home, project and professional Mac-based studios.
Apogee and Avid® are pleased to announce two new Avid Artist Suite products for music recording and stereo audio post, Pro Tools® | Duet and Pro Tools® | Quartet. These solutions feature Avid branded versions of Apogee’s award-winning Duet and Quartet audio interfaces, each paired with Avid’s industry-standard Pro Tools 11 software for Mac and Windows customers.
Santa Monica, California, January 6, 2014 – Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce MiC 96k, a professional digital microphone for iPad, iPhone and Mac. Use MiC 96k to record vocals, voice overs, acoustic guitar, piano, drums or anything in-between. Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing and be easy for anyone to use with their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
Santa Monica, California, January 6, 2014 – Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce JAM 96k, a new professional guitar interface for iPad, iPhone and Mac. JAM 96k lets you easily connect your guitar to your iPhone, iPad or Mac, whether you’re on-the-go or in the most advanced recording studio. Its circuitry is designed to reproduce the unique interaction between guitar and tube amp, resulting in an authentic tone and responsive feel from any guitar or music creation app you choose. For beginners to the most seasoned guitar players, JAM 96k delivers an inspiring experience for practicing, recording, or just jamming.
The original pro guitar interface for iOS
JAM was first introduced in 2011 alongside iPad 2 and GarageBand for iPad as part of Apple’s keynote presentation, marking the start of the iOS music recording revolution. Since then, JAM has become the standard for both aspiring and professional musicians. Its design and studio-quality sound inspired many imitators to follow in the iOS recording market.
The new JAM 96k features tube amp tone emulation and a beautiful nickel-plated finish. JAM 96k also provides the ability to make higher fidelity recordings – up to 24-bit/96kHz – and includes an iOS Lighting cable in the box. Like its predecessor, JAM 96k also includes an iOS 30-pin cable and Mac USB cable.
Founded in 1985, Apogee Electronics designs and manufacturers award-winning audio recording solutions that are easy to use and sound amazing. Apogee products like Symphony I/O, Quartet, Duet, ONE, JAM and MiC have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings by the world’s most successful music artists. For more information, please visit https://apogeedigital.com
JAM 96k Highlights
- PureDIGITAL instrument connection delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed for electric guitar, bass and acoustic instrument with a pickup
- Discrete Class A Input stage emulates the tone and responsive feel of a classic guitar amp
- Nickel plated finish
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Includes iOS Lightning cable, iOS 30-pin cable, Mac USB cable
- Simple setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Studio quality instrument preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- No batteries or external power required
- Made in the U.S.A.
Price: $129 USD
Availability: Now Shipping Worldwide
Anaheim, California, January 24, 2013 – Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce the completely redesigned ONE, a 2 IN x 2 OUT USB audio interface and microphone. The all new ONE is the first studio quality audio interface and microphone that makes a direct digital connection to Apple’s iPad (iPhone, iPod touch) and Mac. ONE features Apogee’s Maestro control software, iOS device charging, optional battery power for portable recording with iPad and professional sound quality. ONE is the all-in-one solution that makes it easy for musicians, songwriters, recording engineers, film makers, audiophiles, and anyone else to enjoy professional sound quality on iPad and Mac.
ONE offers three input options; a built-in omni-directional condenser microphone, XLR input for dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, and 1/4” instrument input for electric guitars, keyboards or any instrument with an electric pick-up. An upgrade from the original design, ONE now has the ability to record two inputs simultaneously (instrument plus built-in microphone or external microphone). The updated AD/DA converters and mic preamps deliver best-in-class, studio quality sound and allow you to capture and playback your recordings with incredible clarity and detail.
ONE’s audiophile quality headphone amplifier/DAC is a favorite for enhanced music listening on Mac. Now ONE delivers the same hi-fi quality sound to iPod touch, iPhone and iPad users for listening to streaming radio and music libraries with incredible clarity and detail.
ONE’s built-in condenser microphone is a unique feature allowing anyone to record with incredible results and without the need for an external microphone. This paired with the option of connecting to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad and battery power enables studio-quality recordings to be created in any location.
“We have completely redesigned ONE, incorporating highly anticipated features; iPad compatibility, simultaneous recording of guitar and a microphone, enhanced sound quality, and a much desired metal chassis,” says Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett. “This is an innovative interface, ideal for the musician who wants an all-in-one solution they can count on for ease of use and professional studio quality results, no matter where they are. We’re excited to welcome this next generation of a classic Apogee product and we know our customers will love it.”
Apple’s iPad has revolutionized music creation with an intuitive touch interface and a universe of powerful and very affordable music apps. As a studio quality microphone and audio interface, ONE delivers key features to this new paradigm. Apogee’s Maestro software for iOS lets you control ONE’s inputs, mic preamp, outputs and set up low latency monitoring. ONE’s DC power charges iPad while in use so recording is not interrupted. The option of battery power for ONE allows for truly portable professional recording.
When used with iPad or an iOS device, ONE works with any Core Audio compliant app like GarageBand, Auria and MultiTrack. For recording on a Mac, ONE works with Logic, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Ableton Live and any Mac Core Audio compliant application.
ONE for iPad and Mac – Highlights
- First studio quality audio interface and microphone for iPad
- New circuitry, mic capsule and upgraded sound quality
- Redesigned die cast aluminum chassis
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Lighting adapter required – Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, MultiTrack, Spotify; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, iTunes; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- Optional battery operation for remote recording on iPad (2 AA batteries not included)
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone (mic stand adapter included)
- 2 Analog Inputs (XLR microphone and 1/4” instrument connector on breakout cable)
- Record up to 2 inputs at a time (instrument + internal microphone or external microphone)
- 1 1/8” stereo output for headphones or powered speakers
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California – Made in the U.S.A.
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1 and later
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- Power supply or two AA batteries required (Batteries not included)
iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch* (5th generation)
- iPhone 5*
- iPad* (4th generation)
- iPad mini*
* Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
Availability: March 2013