Apogee Electronics Product Lifecycle Terms and Definitions
End-Of-Life, EOL; A term used with respect to products, Hardware, Software or both which are produced by Apogee Electronics and supplied to customers. EOL; indicates the product is at the end of production and Apogee Electronics will cease marketing, selling or engaging in any hardware rework to sustain the product(s). There may still be “product(s)” in the WW (World-Wide) Apogee Authorized retail channel for sale to customers.
End-Of-Sales; EOS, is a term used by Apogee Electronics to indicate the approximate final sale date of a given EOL product being available for sale by its Authorized retail representatives’ WW. Apogee Electronics will define EOS as being that date, nine months post a final channel sale, by Apogee to the World-Wide retail channel.
Legacy Product, is term used by Apogee Electronics to indicate a product has reached 5 years past the EOS (End Of Sales) date. All warranties including extended warranties (unless otherwise specified by Apogee) are no longer applicable. OS and driver development will be maintained where required by law. Apogee will repair failed units for a repair charge, dependent on product
End-Of-Service-Life, EOSL, Obsolete are terms used by Apogee Electronics to indicate the cessation of, software OS development, driver dev., technical support and-or repair. EOSL will begin Seven – 7 years from the date of End-Of-Sales; EOS. A customer may have the following options for service and/or for support for products which are EOSL
- Apogee may, at its sole option, offer paid consultation support of products which are listed as EOL Legacy or EOSL Obsolete unless the product is under warranty.
- If Apogee deems the product is still repairable there will be a flat fee charge plus parts, defined by product, to cover technician cost, difficulty of repair and the significant cost of parts which may no longer be in production.
- The difficulty of repair and significant expense of parts will result in a significant increase to repair fees.
- Apogee products which are EOSL – Obsolete, may not be repairable and-or compatible with current computers and Operating Systems.
- If Apogee, at its sole discretion, identifies the product as no longer repairable, the customer may be offered an upgrade program. Upgrades to be defined by product (see APOGEE LIFE CYCLE GRID)
Apogee provides technical help on operating & troubleshooting current products through Live Chat and our email ticketing system. Repair is also available for Current Products whether they are in-warranty or out-of-warranty status (repair fees apply):
- Apogee ClipMic digital 2
- Control (hardware remote controller)
- Duet 3
- Groove (all versions)
- MiC+, HypeMiC, Nite MiC
- ONE for iPad/Mac/PC (black)
- ONE for Mac/PC (silver), also called ONE+ONE
- Symphony Desktop
- Symphony I/O MkII
- I/O Module Cards: 2x6SE, 8x8mkII, 16x16mkII, 8micpre card, Connect8
- Option Cards: Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD, Dante+PT, & Waves SoundGrid
- Clearmountain’s Domain
- Clearmountain’s Spaces
- Apogee FX Rack
- Pultec EQP-1A
- Pultec MEQ-5
- ECS Channel Strip
- Soft Limit
Apogee provides technical help on operating & troubleshooting EOL Products through Live Chat & our email ticketing system. Repair is also available whether they are in-warranty or out-of-warranty status (repair fees apply):
• Jam 96k / MiC 96k
Apogee provides technical help on operating & troubleshooting Legacy Products through our email ticketing system only (Live Chat help is not available). Out-of-warranty repair services are available but may have limitations:
- Duet 2
- JAM (original 48k version)
- MiC (original 48k version)
- ONE (original mac-only version introduced 2009)\
- Symphony I/O (original)
- I/O Module cards (original): 2×6, 8×8 AES+Optical, 8×8 AES only, 8×8 Optical only, 16×16, 16AI, 16AO
944-G Active Filter
AMBus AES 8+
AP8AD card for Yamaha Digital Systems
AP8DA card for Yamaha Digital Systems
Apogee Clock Card for Mackie DA8B
FC-8 ADAT/TDIF Format Converter
F964-IV Oversampling Active Filter
PRODIGI-AES/EBU Digital Audio Format Converter
P818-10 DC-DC Power Unit
Symphony 64 PCIe
UV22 Super CD Encoder